An alternative to more traditional HVAC systems, ductless systems are a complete HVAC solution for your home or business. These systems offer both heating and cooling, and do not require central HVAC equipment and the associated ductwork.
Relatively easy to install, ductless systems (also called mini split systems because they consist of an indoor and outdoor component) are a great alternative for customers looking to conserve space. The outdoor component can be a condenser or heat pump mounted on the ground or up on the roof. The indoor component can be one or multiple air-handling units. Multiple units can be used to supply conditioned air to many rooms and larger spaces.
The air-handling unit sucks in ambient air and conditions it. Louvers release the air into your space. A remote controls the louvers to get just the right temperature for your comfort level. In the case of multiple indoor units, multiple remotes are used for customizable temperature control in each zone.
• Older buildings that previously used electric baseboard heating and/or a window air conditioning unit
• Multi-family condos or apartments
• Additions to an existing building or attics converted to working spaces
• Businesses with certain areas that need special temperature control, such as offices versus production spaces or quality control labs
• No ductwork is required. Eliminate the disturbance and cost of installing new ductwork throughout your space.
• Highly efficient and quiet. Traditional HVAC systems can lose up to 20% of the conditioned air in the ductwork. In contrast, ductless systems supply conditioned air at the final location.
• Easy and inconspicuous installation. The indoor unit can be mounted high on the wall near the ceiling. Say goodbye to a bulky window unit that blocks your view.
• Low operational cost. Purchasing one that is Energy Star qualified will definitely cost less to run.
Though the install of ductless systems can be less complex than traditional central HVAC, it’s best to consult an expert. Jerry’s Air Conditioning & Heating has four decades of experience and can recommend the most energy efficient indoor and outdoor units for your space. Ask about our Energy Star qualified Carrier ductless systems.
Call 843-665-7470 for a free ductless systems consultation for your business.
Interested in the precision and ease of digital thermostats?